Half of South Africans gained weight during pandemic
04 May 2021
· 43% of respondents attributed their change in eating habits to stress and anxiety over what the future holds;
· 42% said being confined to their homes led to more snacking and impulsive eating;
· 28% simply ate out of boredom.
· 45% percent of respondents revealed that lockdown regulations affected their eating and exercise habits for the worse;
· 44%picked up 2kg-5kg;
· 15% are 6kg-10kg heavier; and
· 4% gained an extra 10kg or more.
Nicole Jennings, spokesperson for Pharma Dynamics, said it was clear that lockdown promoted dysfunctional eating and sedentary behaviours, which need to be overturned.
[BACK TO NEWS]